Thursday, April 12, 2007

Mets Game 4/11/07

YANKEES: Just to get this off of my chest before I talk about the Mets game that I went to yesterday with my friend Chris. Heard the Yankees lost the third game to the Twins. It's not the loss that bothers me as much as the Yankee bullpen getting overused. Oh yea, and Mike Mussina is now injured. The Yankees are cursed and in desperate need of a strong pitcher. Clemens, Hughes, anyone?! Lets hope it's the former, for now.

The good news: The Boston Red Sox were 1-hit by Seattle Mariners pitcher Felix Hernandez. It came up on the Mets' big screen that Hernandez was throwing a no-hitter into the 8th. The reliable sportscast on my phone showed JD Drew getting a hit on the first pitch, first at bat, in that inning. Matsuzaka's line showed an unimpressive 8 hits and 3 runs in 7 innings throwing over 100 pitches. I love how that wasn't the focus, especially since his first game was against the lowly Royals. Wait till he faces a lineup like Toronto.

Speaking of Toronto: they won. Toronto now holds the lead in the AL East. We're coming for you!

METS: The Mets game vs the Phillies was fun. We sat behind home plate and I got a better idea of how fast the ball comes on the batter. I decided that the Mets should consider me to replace Shawn Green in right field.

The weather was nice, despite rain in the forecast. Signs of showers only started to show in the last inning of the game and we were a few rows back under cover so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

The Mets lost, to Chris' disliking. I failed to see the thought process of all Mets fans screaming YANKEES SUCK at this one (probably drunk) Yankee fan as their team was down 5-2, showing a Yankees score of 1-0 over the Twins. Despite the eventual Yankee loss, poor timing!

What really screwed the Mets over was the starting pitching by Oliver Perez, who decided to walk 42 batters in one inning. They put in a relief pitcher when Phillies pitcher Adam Eaton came to bat which, although it made perfect sense, I thought it looked like the ultimate insult. There were 2 outs.

David Wright stunk, Jose Reyes was picked off because he got too cocky, and Shawn Green shouldn't be on the team. Somebody please put speedy Endy in the game!