Sunday, February 18, 2007

Last Day at the Wyndham

Today was my last day at the Wyndham Condominiums, working a 7:30-3:30 shift. I was lucky to work with two good employees on my last day, Dave S. and Mel. They both have a good work ethic and love to joke around. I always get a few laughs working with them.

It was pretty cold outside, though not as cold as the past few days. Dave had himself wrapped in a scarf and I didn't really think it was that cold outside. Neither did most of the residents. He did look/sound a little stuffy in the beginning of his shift so maybe his immune system was weak.

We ordered "Pulled Pork" for lunch and were wondering why they call it that. Dave believes its because they pull the pork straight out of the pig. Anyways, it was a good sandwich. First time trying pulled pork.

Near the end of my shift, Frank (the Boss) showed up to work his 3:30 shift. He had a bit of a bruise on his eye from falling on the ice the other day. The same thing happened to my girlfriend and her dad a few days ago. It's unfortunate. Five minutes before the end of my shift, my favorite residents came down to wish me the best of luck and tell me how much they are going to miss me. I am going to miss them too. Had to hold back a bit from tearing; I have grown attached to a few residents.

Well, it's into the tough world, where no job is guaranteed. The petty worries at the Wyndham should be nothing compared to the challenges ahead, and hopefully they will all build character and a stronger foundation for myself.

I will leave on a happy note. Here is a funny clip of Dave pretending to be coming out of a box. He is just behind our podium in lobby, pretty funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tramadol no rx tramadol for dogs dosage usa - tramadol er overdose