Sunday, February 18, 2007

Yankee Stadium Tour

Today (actually, yesterday) I went on a tour of Yankee Stadium. The tour was great, we started in the press box, went to the locker room then straight out to the dugout (where we got to sit on the same bench that that players sit on) and made our way around to Monument Park to end it. I got some really nice pictures of Yankee Stadium with the field covered in snow. My girlfriend also did a fine job of taking some pictures of me with the Stadium as the backdrop.

My favorite was the dugout. We got to sit on the bench and get a real feel for the environment, being level with the playing field. Our tour guide even pointed out the water cooler that Paul O'Neil made friends with over the years and the railing that you see Jeter hop over every time someone gets a BIG hit!

I also enjoyed the Yankee locker room, but for "player privacy" reasons we were not allowed to take pictures in there. It was interesting to note the location of player lockers (Jeter was separated from others by an empty locker and a closet on both sides of his cubby, Bernie and Pavano were in the corner slots to the left and right of the entrance right when you walk in, pitcher lockers were mainly grouped together) and the fact that Bernie still had a ton of stuff left in his locker while the others seemed to be rather empty. I am too exhausted right now to do it but I will most likely put up some pictures of the tour tomorrow.

No comments: