Sunday, March 18, 2007

300


300 was great! My friend's was right, you cant always trust the reviews. Plus, my dad told me that first week sales for the film were outstanding.

The fight scenes were perfect, like nothing I have seen before. The fighters were real men, no Lord of the Ring Legolas'. So much blood was spewed my girlfriend spent half the movie with her eyes closed. The movie is called 300 because it is about a group of 300 Spartans who went up against the largest Army in the world, the Persians, led by Xerxes. King Leonidas is given the option to surrender to the Persians, or be destroyed. What a choice, right? Outnumbered greatly, the Spartans find strength in their abilities to fight and outsmart their challengers. By standing together as one giant shield (using the buddy system) they are able to slowly chop away at the enemy front lines. The cast isn't only limited to human warriors. There are all sorts of characters including immortals, giant fat beasts, and even a rhino.

I recommend this to all guys. My girlfriend kept screaming things like "Oh damn" and "Oh that's just wrong" and it made me a little uncomfortable. It's a guy thing.

No comments: