Thursday, March 1, 2007

YANKS: First Game Over

The first Spring Training game is over for the Yankees and they came away with a win against the Twins, 6-1. Wang pitched effectively, retiring all 6 batters in his two innings of work. Next came Phil Hughes and he had trouble on the mound, giving up one run in 1 1/3 innings of work. He had problems with command and Posada said he was over-striding/over-throwing. Hughes knew what he was doing wrong but said it was too late for him to adjust. We'll see. I missed the game today, being at work, but I hope to catch one of the games on the weekend.

The Mets also came away with a 4-3 win over the Cardinals, but I didn't read too much into that game. At one point I noticed it was tied at 3 a piece so that run musta been a mini-celebration for the Mets. They have lots of those :) (That's my Mets compliment for the month).

No comments: