Sunday, March 18, 2007

God of War 2


I bought God of War 2 today. After being told by GameStop that there was a 160 person waiting list, they conceded to have some leftover. I ended up buying my copy at Best Buy. From what I have played so far, the game is just as good, if not better than the last one. The gameplay is great and the controls are fairly easy to learn for a character with so many combos. The graphics are about the same as the last game, impressive for the PlayStation 2 title. One of the most enjoyable parts of the game is fighting characters 100 times the size of you, pressing random combos to perform leaping slashes that bring the huge beasts to their feet. After watching 300 tonight and coming home to the game, I am starting to see a connection.

Hopefully this game will last me a couple of weeks until I can truly make a decision on which next-generation system I will be buying. There is still no news from Microsoft about Xbox 360 version 2 but there are two dates I am waiting on. First, the PlayStation 3 is expected to be released in Europe within a few days. There is a chance Microsoft might say something there to kill Sony's hype. Next, the prominent rumor appears to be a May 1 release date. If that is the case and it is being released in the US on this date, I expect there to be some news of it come mid-April. If not, who knows what I will do. All I know is I am longing to play some MLB 2K7 and my friend Rob will be getting Xbox Live soon. Let the gaming begin already!

No comments: