Sunday, March 25, 2007

To The Field, Baseball Weather Is Here!

Finally, baseball weather has come on a weekend!

I took my equipment down to the field (mistakenly in a bag that weighed more than the equipment) and took some shots off a tee. Bought a nice iPod-connect boombox called the iHome2go from Costco for a cool $50. The catch was it took 8 C batteries but luckily Costco sells them in 10-packs. 8 batteries... that should last my life, and my kids' lives. Fixed it up with a nice play list of songs to keep my adrenaline up.

Halfway into practice my friend Chris showed up unexpectedly. Turns out he saw my away message and decided to pay me a visit. We haven't seen each other since working together at the high school last summer. He was nice enough to catch some grounders that bounced off the mine-field (unsettling craters on the playing field). He then took a few shots while I frantically ran all around trying to cut them off.

Good workout; glad I lifted yesterday to build up my arm strength for some heavy swings. You can really pull something if the bat isn't your weight.

No comments: