Saturday, January 6, 2007

The Job Hunt

I started a job search diary, indicating my progress from this point on. My New Years resolution, as mentioned in a previous post, was to find a job. I have tried job hunting through online job sites: Monster, CareerBuilder, Craigslist. No progress thus far but it is only the beginning. Throughout my years at the Condominiums I have seen some college graduates find a job immediately and some take years. "Just keep posting and applying" they tell me. The more I post the more I increase my chances. I will start applying to jobs through the paper soon but I don't expect any more than what I will get through the online sites. Newspaper postings always seemed to me to be more geared toward people with years of experience to fill something higher than an entry-level position.

No comments: